The Avanti Racing Team’s defense of their National Road Series Titles couldn’t have got off to a better start with Joe Cooper taking out the seasons first event at the Tour De Perth on Saturday. Cooper took the lead after a dominant display in the Rottnest time trial on stage 3 where he managed to overhaul a 1:07 deficit to race leader Tim Roe and move in to yellow with a slim 4 second advantage. Backed by a super motivated team Cooper successfully defended his lead on the final stage with Mitchell Lovelock-Fay finishing third overall to put two Avanti Riders on the podium. Cooper now leads the National Road Series on 15 points from Tim Roe (Budget) on 13 points and teammate Lovelock-Fay in third on 9 points.
Undefeated as the number one team in the National Road Series for the last four years Avanti Racing will be gunning for yet another teams title having won the team’s classification at Tour De Perth. Budget Forklifts will be fighting hard for the title as will the big budget UCI Pro Continental team Drapac who will be desperate to show that they can get the better of their less resourced rivals. Fans won’t need to wait long for their next NRS installment with the Tour of Adelaide starting this Wednesday. The Adelaide Tour is devoid of a time trial or hill top finish so expect the racing to be much more tactical. Picking the winner won’t be easy but Avanti Racing will be hoping one of their eight riders can get the job done.
Avanti Racing for Adelaide Tour: Joe Cooper, Jack Haig, Mark O’Brien, Jack Beckinsale, Tom Robinson, Neil Van Der Ploeg, Brenton Jones and Ben Dyball.
Sponsors of the Avanti Racing Team include Avanti Bikes, Praties, Shimano, Giro, Torq Nutrition, Champion Systems, Motion, Adidas Eyewear, BioCeuticals, Kenda tyres, Park Tools, Easton, Zero, High Sierra, Rocktape, Aussie Butt Cream.
Palmares of Avanti Racing Team riders for 2014:
• Jack Haig, Best Young Rider 2014 Tour Down Under, 3rd Stage 3 Herald Sun Tour, 3rd Overall Herald Sun Tour, Best Young Rider Herald Sun Tour. 2013 National Road Series Champion.
• Brenton Jones, 2014 Bay Series Winner, 3rd Australian Criterium Championships, 1st Stage 3 NZ Cycle Classic, 3rd Oceania Road Race Championships
• Ben Dyball, Winner Stage three 2013 Tour Of Japan, 4th Australian Time Trial Championships
• Tom Robinson, 7th 2013 Melbourne to Warrnambool
• Joe Cooper, 1st Oceania TT Championships, 1st 2014 Tour De Perth
• Neil Van Der Ploeg, 4th 2013 Australian Championships Road Race
• Jack Beckinsale, Winner 2013 NSW Grand Prix
• Mark O’Brien, 2012 National Road Series Champion
For further information:
Steve Price – Director, Australian Performance Cycling Network Inc. Avanti Racing Team
Ph: 0439991490 Email: email@example.com